All set to Lose Your Glasses? 10 pointers for selecting a LASIK or Laser Vision Correction CenterThe world of ophthalmology is one of the fastest evolving fields of medication. Never ever before have numerous new techniques and clinical advancements emerged in such a brief duration of time. LASIK surgery, which utilizes an excimer laser to reshape the cornea, provides countless people the chance to lower or eliminate their need for glasses or contacts .
Television and radio advertisements are filled with incredible stories about LASIK surgery as the quick and painless way to fix vision, however stories are likewise appearing about individuals for whom it was less than effective. Prior to you opt to go under the beam, what can you do to assist ensure that you will be pleased with your results?
The key to safe surgery in any field of medicine is an informed patient. Take a little time and research the LASIK center you are considering for laser eye surgery. Dr. Robert K. Maloney, voted by his peers as one of America's Top Ten vision correction surgeons in a nationwide study by Ophthalmology Times, uses the following guidelines to quality care and treatment.
1. Discover a medical professional by getting referrals from other doctors or from clients who have actually had LASIK or laser vision correction.
2. Do not be tricked by expensive ads about a specific laser. Pick the physician, not the laser. Discover who will in fact do your treatment, then ask about that doctor's certifications (e.g., board accreditation, special training).
3. Choose a physician who has done at least 5,000 LASIK or eye laser surgeries. Exactly what a doctor does not understand can harm you.
Ask for details on your physician's LASIK eye surgery complication rates. If your physician will not tell you, discover another one.
Ask exactly what steps are taken to prevent infection. Firmly insist that your eye is thoroughly sterilized, and insist that the surgical instruments be decontaminated prior to your eye laser surgery to eliminate the threat of transmission of HIV or liver disease.
6. Beware of ads you could try these out pushing "low cost" LASIK surgery. Discount surgery is as good as a discount parachute. The possible savings are not worth the risk of receiving less than professional care!
7. Expect to see really well after LASIK, but don't expect to see completely. Each client gets a slightly different result. The finest cosmetic surgeon on the planet cannot guarantee 20/20 vision. Similar to any eye laser surgical treatment, results are as individual as each client. Be careful of any physician who guarantees 20/20 vision.
8. You most likely are if you feel like you're getting a hard sell. Go in other places. You're not buying a car; this is real LASIK eye surgical treatment.
9. Implantable lenses will most likely offer much better vision than LASIK if your level of nearsightedness is more than -11 or so. Consider waiting till the new lenses are readily available. Ask your physician about them and other current advances.
10. While you examine, don't forget the advantages: for many people, a life time of bad vision can be treated in 5 minutes. LASIK eye surgical treatment has Discover More actually improved official site the eyesight of countless individuals worldwide.